Pipe Bender configurations

Topics related to creation of the Pipe, HVAC, Equipment, and Penetrations model in ShipConstructor including catalog definition, part definition and spooling.
Mustang
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Novice

Pipe Bender configurations

Post by Mustang » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:20 am

HI,

I am creating pipe spools that I would like to change the bend radius a couple of times along the run.
When 'Bent Pipe' is selected, the 'Pipe Bender' window appears to select from list.
How can I change between the 'Pipe Bender' configurations that are listed while modeling a single spool run :?:

I am unable to 'SCPipePolyRoute' as my pipe run is not coplaner. :!:

Cheers :)

Jakee

ndar

Pipe Bender : changing pipe bender during modelling bent pip

Post by ndar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi Jaqueline,

Arkadiy Zagorskiy (SC Master) notes the folowing :

1. Define several pipe benders with different bend radiuses for the same stock. In the "Bent pipe" command, right button, you have the option "radius", using which you can switch between benders for each bend on the complicated pipe.
Tip - when defining additional benders, give them representative names (ex. include r50 or r125, etc.). The names appear in the right-click contextual list.

2. Don't define any pipe bender for this stock. You will then be able to manually define the bend radius for each corner with the same option "radius" on right button.

WRT to the second part of your question, we have found this and reported already some time ago following your first report of this condition : indeed there is an inconsistency in that SC will throw an error "polyline is not planar". I will report it again.

:-)

nick

Mustang
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Novice

Re: Pipe Bender : changing pipe bender during modelling bent

Post by Mustang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:30 am

Thats great, thank you! I was unaware of the right click commands for this! Will help a great deal. :D

ZHANG FELIX
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Advanced

Re: Pipe Bender configurations

Post by ZHANG FELIX » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Last edited by ZHANG FELIX on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

miniaakarshan
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Advanced

Re: Pipe Bender configurations

Post by miniaakarshan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Your post is very interesting!but I think SCPipePolyRoute is difficult to achieved!