SC: Pipe: Modeling Pipe as flexible hose

Topics related to creation of the Pipe, HVAC, Equipment, and Penetrations model in ShipConstructor including catalog definition, part definition and spooling.
Mustang
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Novice

SC: Pipe: Modeling Pipe as flexible hose

Post by Mustang » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:04 am

Hi,

I am modelling system pipe runs which require being flexible hose.
I am unable to 'Route on Polyline' to give a less restricted pipe run shape, as there is an error of "Enforce Bender Constraints" must be off to route along a polyline.’I can't find anything relating this to solve my problem.

Can anyone advise me please?

Thanks.

Mustang

Re: SC: Pipe: Modeling Pipe as flexible hose

Post by Mustang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:32 am

Following my report NDAR explored the route-by-polyline command and found it to work as expected once the “Pipe bender constrains” are switched off.

Use the button in the ‘DS utilites” toolbar and the “Toggle Constrain Enforcement” option in the pull-down menu to switch the constraints off.

After this, command works as expected.
:D

Mustang

Re: SC: Pipe: Modeling Pipe as flexible hose

Post by Mustang » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:30 am

The command SCPipePolyRoute will only work with planar polylines, and the following message is reported if you use a non-planar polyline:

A workaround for a desired Flexible Hose route:

It should be possible to route along either a 2DPolyline or a 3DPolyline, but ShipConstructor cannot currently route in multiple planes from a single polyline. If a user is receiving a message stating that the line must be planar, depending on the complexity of the line, the easiest solution might be to BREAK the polyline into planar segments and route along those.