3D to 2D drawings

Topics related to creation of the structural model in ShipConstructor including catalog definition and part definition.
Keel

3D to 2D drawings

Post by Keel » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Dear Sirs,

Out clints of shipyards prefer to have 2D drawing otherthan 3D drawings for the structure production design, together with information of dimensions and notes in database. The function in SC is quite poor to realise that.

It is quite a pity, but we can see a fact that SC develops and updates very fast. Looking forward to seeing a New Feature announced from SSI that SC can do that quite well. :)

Keel
ship_designer@126.com

EastCoast

Re: 3D to 2D drawings

Post by EastCoast » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:58 am

I am not a hundred percent sure what you mean, but you have the option of publishing the assembly drawings to .dwf or .pdf rather quickly using the sheet set manager.

Philip Christensen
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Advanced

Post by Philip Christensen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:08 pm

Of course you can set up your assembly drawing templates so that it displays standard 2D views but you will have to add any dimensions manually. However if you do that, I wouldnt recommend using associative dimensioning. We have not been able to get associative dimensions to work in a way so that the dimensions update correctly up the assembly drawing is updated. This means if you make changes, you will have to update dimensions manually.

Keel

Post by Keel » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:41 am

1) In assembly drawings, we can get 2D drawings, but we can't have dimensions and info from database, and to have real time connection between database and drawings.
2) Also in Approval module, we also can get 2D drawings, besides above question, the drawing is also not seems like real proper approval drawings, for the type of lines doesn't reflect the visibile or not and type the structure it stands for. All is in solid lines.
Hope SC can solve it in next version.

Yoyok

Post by Yoyok » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:26 pm

We also find that SC 2d is NOT presentable as other software, its actually a 3D but viewed to 2D.

SC Must Create :
1. Slice / Section commands to 2d View, (section fr.2+250 @ view Z-Y)
2. Manual Part Identification
3. Base point dimension and Reference Line (ie. Base Line, CL, Longi position, etc)
4. Insert an object from Data Bank, and convert to desire 2d view

I can not attached a files for sample, but if you guys required, pls email to me.

Good Luck,

Yoyok
yoyok@muaraindo.co.id
http://www.muaraindo.com

erik

Post by erik » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:29 am

Completly agree with this,

Best regards,

Erik - Vripack
Erik Wapenaar: Application Manager CAD/CAM Vripack Yachting International

SSI Denis Morais

Post by SSI Denis Morais » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:14 am

Yoyok,

Can you explain your comment "Base point dimension and Reference Line (ie. Base Line, CL, Longi position, etc)" so that I can get a better understanding what you are asking for.
Denis Morais - Chief Technology Officer- SSI

Yoyok

Post by Yoyok » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:48 pm

Reference based point dimensioning system :

1. We are able to indicate an object position as relative distance from nearest reference line that we have created before in manager.
2. We are able to create any reference line in manager for X,Y, and Z position from absolute UCS system. i.e. FR1 is 600mm from 0,0,0 in X direction, OR LP2 is 1200mm from 0,0,0 in Z direction, OR Base Line (BL) is 0 mm from X,Y,Z direction, etc....
3. We can use Reference object i.e. FR1 with function of + or - to indicate exact position, i.e. FR1+300 is equal to 600mm+300mm from 0,0,0 in X direction

cheers!
yoyok
www.muaraindo.com

Yoyok

Post by Yoyok » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:38 pm

In addition with my previous explaination :

SC Must Create :
1. Slice / Section commands to 2d View, (section fr.2+250 @ view Z-Y)
This similar with "sect_plane" commands in Autocad, but needs to simplified by adding more interactive windows option, etc.

2. Manual Part Identification
This commands is to extract some info in Autocad "properties" for each parts, and able to create text box for manual ID.

3. Base point dimension and Reference Line (ie. Base Line, CL, Longi position, etc)
As per previous chat

4. Insert an object from Data Bank, and convert to desire 2d view
This is similar with FLATSHOT commands in autocad, but needs to be more interactive for the option UCS or active plane.

Hope SC team can develop to meet client requirements.

Yoyok
www.muaraindo.com

miniaakarshan

Post by miniaakarshan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:54 am

I am confused.But you have the option of publishing the assembly drawings to .dwf or .pdf rather quickly using the sheet set manager.