crashes in piping

Topics related to software requirements, environment setup, and software installation
Borys
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Intermediate

crashes in piping

Post by Borys » Fri May 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Hello All,
we have a lot of crashes in piping when using SC2008 (R4.1.1) with ACAD 2008. I am very interested to here if any other users have the same kind of problems. It's very irritating to restart SC time after time. Please give me a hint if there is any solution.

Borys

siraj_kazi

Re: crashes in piping

Post by siraj_kazi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 pm

We are using SC2008 2.4.3 with Mechanical 2008.
Piping users are experiencing the fatal error very often. Mainly when trying to connect the pipe.
This same command can be used on other pc with same configuration without any crash.
I tried of reformatting the PC with crash problem. & reloading the fresh Win Xp with all latest patch & AutoCAD 2008 mech. with SC2008 2.4.3.

Still the problem persists?

Did any one face the same issue? Or anyone from SC can help to resolve this.

Siraj Kazi.

Borys

Post by Borys » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:23 pm

Hello Siraj,
Have you solved your problem? We have used diferent ACAD vesions in the same project (2007 and 2008). We are using 2008 only now and it looks it's less crashes in piping, but they still happening yet. I am working closle with support service in Canada about this, but we was not able to get rid of all crashes. We ahve not reinstalled windows.

Best regards
Borys

siraj_kazi

Post by siraj_kazi » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi Broys.

Thanks for your reply.
We have only one version of Autocad Mechanical 2008 on the system on which SC is crashing.

Other PC's where 2 version 2002 & 2008 are running is working.

Siraj Kazi.

Borys

Post by Borys » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi,
I think that Mechanical desctop can cause such crashes. I'v got strong recommendations from SSI support to use the similar versions of ACAD only. Furhter the correct version of device database in ACAD and latest video driver downloaded from Autodesk (not from videocard vendor!). Please check if you have hardware acceleration on in ACAD (Options/System tab/Manual settings).
Thats only thing I can reccomend you.

Borys