REPORT: Pipe Parts & Equipment Parts reported together

Topics related to the ShipConstructor Reports module
Mustang
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Novice

REPORT: Pipe Parts & Equipment Parts reported together

Post by Mustang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:10 am

Hi,

I have mentioned this query direct, but wanted to share via the Forum to allow all other users to give feedback, help or advice if possible.

I am sorry if I write/explain things that may be obvious/condescending even; I just want to paint the picture as clearly as possible. I am new to using Ship Constructor but have experience in using other 3D Modelling Software packages.

I have encountered an area for investigation that would greatly benefit us (maybe others) with regards to the 'Report' aspect of Ship Constructor.

As you’ll know within a boat system (Fuel System, Exhaust System, and so on) there are many equipment parts that are included, such as the Engines, Generators, Strainers, Filters & Clamps etc. etc. To include the Equipment Parts is quite a fundamental aspect in developing a Standardised Parts Library (Equipment and Pipe) and a full 3D CAD Environment for all boat Systems.
Within 'Report' we need these equipment parts, along with their corresponding pipework, to be grouped together to create/output a System Report. Or as we call it a definitive ‘System Kit List’.

I have tried a suggested way to do this, yet still not having much luck.
Can anyone share their experiences in using Report for this?

Many Thanks :)

Jakee

Mustang
ShipConstructor Experience Level: Novice

Re: REPORT: Pipe Parts & Equipment Parts reported together

Post by Mustang » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:18 am

As mentioned: a suggestion that has been made is as followed:

Cannot report equipment if you select a system, since equipment is not part of a system.

But you can create an additional product hierarchy and group the desired system and equipment objects in a branch.

Then, report that branch.

:?